- Yoga is a journey, a process by which we are transformed. Its tenets are more useful today than ever. We are living in a complex, technology-driven world where every individual is stressed out. In such a scenario, Yoga helps one find physical, mental and emotional balance.
- The ailments arising from stress are one too many but healing begins from one point – the mind. That is why Yoga emphasises on mental and emotional well-being above all else. By adopting the practice of Yoga, people can live happier and healthier lives. There is a need to integrate Yoga into the different areas of life like healthcare, education system, corporate culture etc.
- Being such an important science, Swami Surender Dev Ji Maharaj listed out following 5-point agenda for a well-balanced life:
- Apposite Exercise (Asanas) – To keep the body healthy, flexible and strong.
- Apposite Breathing (Pranayam) – Deep breathing, accompanied with multiple mudras to relieve body from stress and disease.
- Apposite Relaxation (Savasana) – To relieve the body from tension, anxiety, foul mood, worries and fatigue.
- Apposite Diet (Vegetarian) – Consuming healthy and pure vegetarian food which allows easy digestion.
- Apposite Thinking (Vedanta) and Meditation (Dhyana) – For eliminating negativity, inducing happiness and increasing happiness and contentment.
If we can integrate these 5 branches of Yoga into our daily life, our lives will definitely be transformed. Our quality of life will be enhanced and we can live on a higher plane of understanding and response to all that happens to us.
- Let’s make Yoga a part of our life.
Our yogic centre considers yoga as a scientific and spiritual practice, rather than connecting it to religion merely. Following ancient Guru Parampara ardently, we feel everyone needs guidance (and hence a ‘Guru’) for accomplishing the goals.